Bars / Clubs
A Brief History
- 1974 - 1980 the famous Bridgeport Dances happened in Bridgeport and occurred once or twice a month.
- 1977 The Robin's Nest opened in Cambridge (at various locations), and ran until 2010.
- Early 1980s: JJ's Disco, Chatters and the Half and Half ran for a few years.
- 1990, in Kitchener, Circles opened at 24 Charles St W, Kitchener; it was replaced in that location by Timothy Stevens, and finally the long-lived
Club Renaissance (1994-2013).
- Sizzle nightclub opened in Cambridge around 2010, after the closure of the Robin's Nest in Cambridge. Sizzle closed in 2015.
- Little Bean Coffee Bar began in Kitchener around 2010. This queer-friendly gathering place ran for several years and then closed.
- The Order nightclub (Waterloo) opened in late 2015. It closed in 2017.
- Since then, there are no similar gathering places for our community.
NOTE: This is just a brief listing. The history of bars/clubs in Waterloo Region is much more complex than presented above.